Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Kawasaki Concours 14

Already our favorite liter bike of 2008, the CBR1000RR looks even better minus its handsome fairing. All we’d add would be a sheet metal undertray for the seat unit, some foam to sit on and some so-small-you-can’t-see-them LED lights. Bonus points for leaving the stock exhaust on; quiet is the new loud.
I'm trying to figure out a good way to style my Daytona 600 into a modern day cafe-fighter. SO far I've moved the indicators to the frame where a fairing mount point was and removed all but the top fairing. This took some re-wiring. My first thought was to get speed four lights and intake in the hopes that everything would bolt right on(the two bikes share the same frame and engine). But now that I've realized that triumph overprices it's parts horrendously (108 bucks for one light!!!)I think it would be better if I just get a nice big seven inch single headlight, mounting brackets for the light and instruments, bar-end mirror and no air intake. I hope the lake of plumbing doesn't mess up my engine's performance. I saw another dude with a Naked Daytona 600 with no intake other than the frame holes...so I guess it works out.

1 comment: